Embodied Clean Training
Now included free as part of Clean Change Community membership
A 15-week integrated training in Clean Language and embodiment, suitable for both people new to clean and advanced practitioners.
Dates & Times
Times: Tuesdays 5:00-7:30pm (UK time)
Dates: From Mar 5th 2024 – Jun 11th 2024
Over recent years, coaches and therapists have been realising the importance of working with clients in an embodied way. When a client has clearer access to their body sensations and emotions and the ability to manage and change their state at will, incredible change is possible.
Our senses are our gateways to the world. Our bodies are the containers of our experiences, good and bad, and can “store” unconscious memories and react to situations in ways we can’t consciously control. And when Eugene Gendlin researched what made psychotherapy successful, one single factor stood out: the client’s ability to notice their “felt sense”.
Few coaching approaches make the body the focus, but a body focus creates incredible opportunities to discover what your client really wants and to make felt change that affects your client’s experience of life.
Join us to learn Embodied Clean, the powerful new coaching approach that taps into the body's wisdom. The 15 in-depth sessions provide a comprehensive toolkit integrating seamlessly into your existing approach. Master techniques to increase body awareness, unlock embodied resources, and resolve stuck patterns.
Discover outcomes that come from the body itself. Use Clean Time Travel to access resourceful states. Build new states using breath, movement and sound. Address problems with powerful universal resources. And we've removed assumptions from embodied practices to create Clean Body Scans and Clean Guided Meditations.
All this is woven together with a developmental process that helps clients build body awareness, and complete change processes based on engaging the body. This is a broad and bold expansion of the frontiers of Clean.
Embodied Clean charts an empowering path beyond the mind into the territory of the body. Our training equips you with a uniquely body- and resource-oriented approach to achieving transformation.
This is approach that stands on its own for people who are new to Clean or coaching, yet integrates perfectly into other modalities. We've had experienced coaches, therapists, bodyworkers and equine specialists all using these valuable techniques to upgrade their existing ways of working. So join us and create lasting change for both you and your clients.
“A few clean questions can very quickly bring the client's attention to their body - it's great to be able to raise someone's internal sensory awareness so fast!”
Lisa Brice — Executive Coach & Equine Facilitated Learning Specialist
What You’ll Learn
You'll learn the embodied clean approach (as outlined in this article).
You'll learn how to:
- Connect the client to their inner guidance and wisdom - including what their body wants, not just what the client thinks they want
- Develop clients’ “felt sense” - the key to successful change
- Help clients have the felt experiences that they wish to have
- Use a developmental model to assess clients' abilities and use approaches suitable for them
- Know when to focus on difficult sensations or emotions, and the benefits of focusing on more pleasant sensations
- Engage clients in their breath, movement and gestures
- Unlock the power of the body’s metaphors, increasing aliveness and the potential for change
- Weave Embodied Clean into your sessions both when working Cleanly and when using other modalities
- Introduce clients to powerful universal resources of their choosing
- Empower clients by removing unhelpful assumptions from embodied practices such as body scans and meditations
- Be supported by two experienced trainers: Dr Paul Field & Wendy Sullivan
- Enjoy a supportive group of like-minded people in the training
- Opportunities to learn from each other’s experience
- Discussion and support to help you apply your learning in your work with clients
- Opportunity to ask questions and share experiences in our private online community
- Sustainable pace of training with time to integrate the learning into your client work
“Wendy & Paul’s love of Clean and enthusiasm for supporting their students shone through every minute of my time with them. They are not only incredibly competent and experienced guides in this field, but they make learning Clean a lot of fun as well.”
Linda Hedquist - Bodyworker and Natural Healthcare Educator
What happens each week?
Please note we are often improving the course and responding to the needs of the people on the course, so the exact content and weeks may vary a little from this
|Clean Body Focusing
|How to bring client attention to the body
|Facilitating the Senses
|How to bring attention to different senses and how to use embodied memory as a resource
|Embodied Change with Resources
|How to use inner embodied resources to effect change in challenging situations
|Encouraging and noticing when the client generates metaphors and using those metaphors to know more about and more easily access useful states
|Breath and Sandwiches
|Introducing the "Clean Body Focusing Sandwich" as a technique for helping clients build new resourceful states. Changing state using the breath.
|Music, Touch and Sandwiches
|Changing state using music. Facilitating touch.
|Sound, Signals and Boundaries
|Changing state using sound. Exploring personal boundaries and the body signals involved when something gets near to or crosses a boundary
|Movement and Space
|Using movement, metaphor and space to take the idea of "stepping into " a resource literally and create a powerful embodied experience of the resource
|Using multiple inner resources and specific ways of accessing them to effect change and achieve outcomes
|Clean Guided Meditations
|Creating client-specific guided meditations, using powerful universal resources
|Engaging the Body in Change
|Engaging the body in the client's outcome, and a complete end-to-end change process
|The Body-Based Change Process
|Discovering outcomes from the body, to create a more sophisticated embodied change process
|Patterns of Attention (Body Scans)
|Developing more awareness of the body
|Facilitating a Developmental Model
|A process for leading clients from little body awareness to a rich awareness and ability to self-facilitate
|How to run complete Embodied Clean sessions
- 15 week course
- Included free as part of the Clean Change Community membership
- Weekly live 2.5hr teaching session on Zoom to learn, practice and share experiences
- Teaching sessions are recorded for you to review, or catch-up
- Some reading, short videos and/or practice in-between the training sessions (1-2 hr/week)
Trainer, Psychotherapist, Coach and Coach Supervisor
Wendy Sullivan has worked in the field of Clean Language and Symbolic Modelling for around 20 years. She has both studied and worked with the originators, David Grove, Penny Tompkins and James Lawley, and is one of the most experienced trainers in the field.
Wendy is also a qualified trainer of NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) and uses elements of this alongside Clean Language in her work with individual clients, and business teams.
Find out more in Wendy's full bio.
Dr Paul Field
Trainer, Coach and Coach Supervisor
Paul Field is a certified Clean Facilitator, Clean Trainer and Clean Assessor. He's a speaker at international conferences and innovator of new techniques in Clean Language, including Modeller's Mind, Embodied Clean, The Binds Process and Persona Modelling.
Paul has a background in business working with executives and teams, combining Clean with leadership, agile and product development. He now has a specialist practice, where he uses Clean, embodiment and trauma-informed approaches to help women overcoming sexual and emotional trauma and difficult relationships with men.
Find out more in Paul's full bio.