Embodied Clean Training
Now included free as part of Clean Change Community membership
A 14-week integrated training in Clean Language and embodiment, suitable for both people new to clean and advanced practitioners.
Dates & Times
Times: Mondays 5:00-7:30pm (UK time)
Dates: From Nov 13th 2023 – approx Mar 4th 2024 (no training 18th, 25th Dec or 1st Jan)
Our senses are our gateways to the world. Our bodies are the containers of our experiences, good and bad, and can “store” unconscious memories and react to situations in ways we can’t consciously control. And when Eugene Gendlin researched what made psychotherapy successful, one single factor stood out: the client’s ability to notice their “felt sense”.
Few coaching approaches make the body the focus, but a body focus creates incredible opportunities to discover what your client really wants and to make felt change that affects your client’s experience of life.
Join us to learn Embodied Clean, the powerful new coaching approach that taps into the body's wisdom. The 14 in-depth sessions provide a comprehensive toolkit integrating seamlessly into your existing approach. Master techniques to increase body awareness, unlock embodied resources, and resolve stuck patterns.
Discover outcomes that come from the body itself. Use Clean Time Travel to access resourceful states. Build new states using breath, movement and sound. Address problems with powerful universal resources. And we've removed assumptions from embodied practices to create Clean Body Scans and Clean Resourcing (a form of Clean guided meditation).
All this is woven together with a developmental process that helps clients build body awareness, and complete change processes based on engaging the body. This is a broad and bold expansion of the frontiers of Clean.
Embodied Clean charts an empowering path beyond the mind into the territory of the body. Our training equips you with a uniquely body- and resource-oriented approach to achieving transformation.
This is approach that stands on its own for people who are new to Clean, yet integrates perfectly into existing Clean approaches for advanced practitioners. So join us and create lasting change for both you and your clients.
“A few clean questions can very quickly bring the client's attention to their body - it's great to be able to raise someone's internal sensory awareness so fast!”
Lisa Brice — Executive Coach & Equine Facilitated Learning Specialist
What You’ll Learn
You’ll learn how to:
- Connect the client to their inner guidance and wisdom - including what their body wants, not just what the client thinks they want
- Develop clients’ “felt sense” - the key to successful change
- Help clients have the felt experiences that they wish to have
- Use a developmental model to assess clients' abilities and use approaches suitable for them
- Know when to focus on difficult sensations or emotions, and the benefits of focusing on more pleasant sensations
- Engage clients in their breath, movement and gestures
- Unlock the power of the body’s metaphors, increasing aliveness and the potential for change
- Weave Embodied Clean into your sessions both when working Cleanly and when using other modalities
- Introduce clients to powerful universal resources of their choosing
- Empower clients by removing unhelpful assumptions from embodied practices such as body scans and meditations
- Be supported by two experienced trainers: Dr Paul Field & Wendy Sullivan
- Enjoy a supportive group of like-minded people in the training
- Opportunities to learn from each other’s experience
- Discussion and support to help you apply your learning in your work with clients
- Opportunity to ask questions and share experiences in our private online community
- Sustainable pace of training with time to integrate the learning into your client work
“Wendy & Paul’s love of Clean and enthusiasm for supporting their students shone through every minute of my time with them. They are not only incredibly competent and experienced guides in this field, but they make learning Clean a lot of fun as well.”
Linda Hedquist - Bodyworker and Natural Healthcare Educator
- 14 week course (may be extended by a week or two)
- Included free as part of the Clean Change Community membership
- Weekly live 2.5hr teaching session on Zoom to learn, practice and share experiences
- Teaching sessions are recorded for you to review, or catch-up
- Some reading, short videos and/or practice in-between the training sessions (1-2 hr/week)
Trainer, Psychotherapist, Coach and Coach Supervisor
Wendy Sullivan has worked in the field of Clean Language and Symbolic Modelling for around 20 years. She has both studied and worked with the originators, David Grove, Penny Tompkins and James Lawley, and is one of the most experienced trainers in the field.
Wendy is also a qualified trainer of NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) and uses elements of this alongside Clean Language in her work with individual clients, and business teams.
Find out more in Wendy's full bio.
Dr Paul Field
Trainer, Coach and Coach Supervisor
Paul Field is a certified Clean Facilitator, Clean Trainer and Clean Assessor. He's a speaker at international conferences and innovator of new techniques in Clean Language, including Modeller's Mind, Embodied Clean, The Binds Process and Persona Modelling.
Paul applies Clean in business with executives and teams, combining it with leadership, agile and product development. He also has a specialist practice, where he uses Clean, embodiment and trauma-informed approaches to help women overcoming sexual and emotional trauma and difficult relationships with men.
Find out more in Paul's full bio.